With its tender pulled pork and flavorful toppings, our dog-friendly dog friendly pulled pork sandwiches are sure to become a favorite in your pup's dining repertoire.
Pulled Pork Woofwich
- 6-8 Strips Full Moon Pork Jerky
- 1 Cup Dog Safe Chicken or Beef Stock
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric
- 8-10 Dog Friendly Slider Buns
Apple Oregano Slaw
- ½ Cup Green Apple, Julienned
- 1 TBS Fresh Oregano, Chopped
- Place jerky, stock, and turmeric in a small sauce pot with a lid, and simmer low for 45-60 minutes. Or until tender and shred-able. Add more stock as it cooks if needed to keep pan from drying out.
- Once tender, shred with 2 forks, place back in broth to keep moist.
- Top buns with shredded meat and some easy apple slaw.
Leftover pulled pork can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or frozen for longer storage.
You can customize the toppings based on your pup's preferences. Other dog-friendly toppings to consider include plain yogurt, diced cooked sweet potato, or shredded cooked chicken.