Packed with nutritious ingredients like pumpkin and banana, this homemade pie is not only delicious but also provides essential vitamins and minerals for your pup!
Pumpkin and Banana Puppy Pie
10-12 mini pies
- 4 Full Moon Chicken Jerky
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz Can 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Lightly grease mini pie tins with olive oil.
- Pulse Full Moon Jerky in food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix chopped jerky with flour, apple sauce, and olive oil, and kneed for 2-3 minutes.
- Form into ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the crust mix is chilling, puree all of the filling ingredients in the food processor, or your blender of choice. Puree until smooth.
- Form about ¼ inch of pie crust mix into pie tins making an even layer all around.
- Fill the pie crust with filling and spread flat and level with the top.
- Bake @ 325F for 15-20 minutes, or until filling sets.
- Top with no sugar added whipped cream and serve to your pup!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze individual portions for longer storage.
- This recipe can be customized to suit your dog's preferences or dietary needs. You can add other dog-friendly ingredients like peanut butter, carrots, or blueberries for variety.
- Remember to serve this treat in moderation as part of a balanced diet. While delicious, treats should not make up more than 10% of your dog's daily caloric intake.
There you have it - a simple and nutritious recipe for Pumpkin and Banana Puppy Pie that's perfect for spoiling your furry companion.